“Then & Now” columns appeared weekly in the Calgary Herald between 2002 and 2005. The following article appeared November 2, 2004.
• Robert Suitor arrived in Calgary in 1902 from Vermont. After establishing a construction and real estate business, he became an alderman in 1907-08. Suitor designed and built his beautiful Queen Anne revival style house in 1907. The house highlights his skills by featuring different details on each side: a turret with a conical roof, circular bay with curved glass, octagonal bay window and a gable. When the real estate market collapsed, Suitor sold the house to Edward Lord and moved to Vancouver in 1922. Suitor returned to Calgary in 1933 to be with his three teacher daughters. He died in 1938 and is buried in Union Cemetery.
• The brick house, with its sandstone sills and lintels and truncated hip roof, is on the list of the City of Calgary's potential heritage sites. In 1979, it was renovated for an engineering firm. Changes made were not reflective of the house's historic character and some damage occurred. In 1994, a group of doctors purchased the house. After an examination, and with the Inglewood community's agreement, a sympathetic restoration was done to turn it into consultation offices. Wherever possible, original detail has been restored and retained. One example is the oak, maple and fir stairwell, which illustrates Robert Suitor's great facility with wood. The house is still used as surgeons' offices.