This house was built in 1914 or before. The original siding was asbestos. It was very durable, but dangerous to have on walls. It was removed (at considerable cost to us) in 1990, when the vinyl siding was installed. We purchased the house in 1962 from John and Lillian Jensen.
The previous owners of the house were:
1914 Andrew Scotland
1915 Chas P McCallum
1915 - 1916 James F. Looney – City of Calgary Electrician
1917 - 1919 Donald Mackenzie – salesman – Mason & Risch
1921 - ? James S. Masson – helper CPR
1947 – 1940 Del Morgan – Prudential Insurance Agent
1950 – 1955 Doug Morgan
1956 - ? Alex Ruby – Baker – Canadian Bakeries
1958 – 1962 John and Lillian Jensen
The house is 1 ½ stories – 4 bedrooms – 2 upstairs, 2 on the main floor, 1 bathroom and a full basement. The verandah was glassed in in 1938. There was a fireplace in the front bedroom, but has been removed. The ceiling in the living room and dining room are open beam construction, with the original light fixture still in the dining room (see photos). The floor is the original oak hardwood throughout. The garage had swinging doors and the drive was originally unpaved gravel.
More pictures on Reverse side