The original home on this site was built in 1913, and was one of the first houses on the top of the hill. It sat on bold prairie, with a dirt path running in front. Soon after the Han family purchased the home, it was destroyed by fire in 1929, and burnt to the subflooring. The original basement remains, and still contains floor beams which we salvaged from the fire, with evidence of charred sections. A renovation in 1980 found a 19321 McLeans magazine and a woman’s high button rubber boot stored in the ceiling. Also when landscaping the perennial garden, pieces of glass and pottery from the fire were found. The large pines in front of house were saplings dug from the bank of the Elbow River.